Square website builder was founded in 2004 by Anthony Casalena and the company was launched from Anthony’s dorm room at the University of Maryland.
Squarespace is a website building company that has been around for over a decade. They pride themselves on giving people the tools to let them design their perfect website. Since its inception in 2004, millions of people have used Squarespace to create their website.
Some of the biggest brands in the USA have used Squarespace, from Target and Cisco to HBO.
Although the web design market is flooded with many companies that provide drag-and-drop site builders, one platform that has achieved great success is Squarespace.
Squarespace was launched in 2004, making it one of the oldest site-building companies around. After more than a decade in the industry, millions of websites have been created with this platform.
WHAT MAKES SQUARESPACE SPECIAL – PREMIUM FEATURES
Squarespace pitches itself as the go-to platform for building blogs, portfolio sites, and online stores. Unlike other site builders, they don’t offer a free website building plan. Instead, Squarespace provides a 14-day risk-free trial to test out their site builder at a low entry price point.
All in all, let’s sum up what Squarespace can really offer you with its premium features, and additionally how it can help your business:
- E-commerce Solution – allows you to set up an online store with little effort
- Mail Chimp Integration – one of the top e-mail marketing services used today, giving you reach
- Premium Amazon Block – highlight Amazon referral products with a click of a mouse
- Custom Announcement Bar – display messages to your visitors above your site content when you wish
- Code Injection – add custom code to your Squarespace site, a great customization tool
- OpenTable Block – may be random, but useful. A user-friendly booking system for webmasters of restaurants or tertiary services
- Zapier Integration – integration of various forms, newsletter blocks and other useful apps like Slack or Salesforce for your team
- Abandoned Cart Recovery – users can revert to a process of abandoning a shopping cart, upon accidental deletion (only available with e-commerce plans)
- Unique Developer Access – access to the raw code of your Squarespace site. Should you be lucky enough to have a developer, this is a brilliant feature of freedom
When using Squarespace to launch a new site, there are 3 main packages to choose from.
Each plan comes with unlimited bandwidth and storage as well as free domain registration with any site name of your choosing, powerful website reporting tools, and 24/7 customer support.